Fig 1: After only a few months we were able to achieve a dramatic increase in organic traffic for this client.
See how we helped this education business achieve rapid growth in less than 12 months using a content-driven SEO strategy...
The client in this case study is a Victorian tertiary training provider for the electrical trade industry. They help people become qualified electricians, as well as helping qualified electricians earn new qualifications.
They approached us with a range of marketing challenges, which we reviewed with them and helped to define.
Main issues identified:
- Lack of organic traffic due to not being in the top few search results for many of their high-intent search keywords
- Not enough content to attract and convert potential customers - while their website had quite a lot of content and high domain authority, it was poorly organised and did not have clear calls to action offering a "next step" to visitors.
- Lack of a system to measure results and keep all sales & marketing activities in one place - the business' marketing assets were split across multiple systems so it was hard to measure what marketing activities were working.
Fig 2: Because the domain was already well established and had a strong backlink profile, we could focus on content.
This client had worked with various marketing agencies previously but had not seen the results they'd been expecting. They’d heard about our success with other businesses facing similar challenges and were keen to try a different approach.
We devised a plan and immediately got started implementing a new marketing strategy. Using our Content-First SEO approach we addressed the following areas:
- creating compelling, well-written content that attracts more potential customers, optimising existing content, and nurturing any leads that come through the system to make the most of the traffic generated.
- Comprehensive audit covering the website structure, conversion points, existing link profile (other domains linking to the site), keyword research for opportunities, and current website authority.
- Creation of a content strategy to develop more targeted content and fill any gaps in the current website content. We conducted keyword research to identify topics this site could easily rank for and which had high search volumes with high intent.
- Technical edits to the website to fix any code issues, improve website speed, and either improve or remove any low performing content pages that were diluting the site authority.
- Implementation of HubSpot marketing software as an all-in-one system for attracting, converting, and nurturing leads, as well as measuring results, publishing landing pages & sending email marketing campaigns.
- Conversion rate optimisation to ensure that the new traffic generated converts into leads, such as by downloading helpful content and joining the mailing list, and/or going on to enrol in a course.
- Creation of links back to the content created and the main website from other websites, to signal to search engines that this is a trusted authority website (because the site had relatively high domain authority, creation of backlinks was not a high priority for getting the content we created to rank well in search).
- Ongoing content publication and optimisation
Our in-house team of strategists and content creators used our proven content-first SEO process to implement each of the above steps. Getting the technical side right allowed the website to run smoothly behind the scenes, while ensuring the quality and delivery of the content was first class was absolutely critical too. Poorly planned and badly written content will not achieve the same results or maintain the high standards of the brand and how it's perceived in the marketplace.
Fig 3: The organic traffic growth led to strong overall growth for this education provider.
Some of the main results achieved on this project have been:
- Organic website traffic increased from an average of 6000 visits per month to more than 15000 per month - more than a 150% increase
- Email list growth of more than 9,000 new contacts who can be marketed to via email at any time
- More than 500 new customers enrolling in courses, boosting company revenue and creating predictable growth
- Traffic and leads continue to increase steadily month on month thanks to the foundations we've created and the ongoing content and optimisation provided
The results of the Content-First SEO approach speak for themselves – a massive jump in website traffic, a large contact list to build a relationship with and a huge boost in course enrolments. Importantly, we also now have a strategy and process in place that will continue to publish and optimise content ongoing, to build on the success and continue to help this training provider to sustainably grow.
Fig 4: One article alone that we created gets more organic traffic than the home page.
We help businesses in education, construction, property, and technology to attract, convert, and close more customers using our proven, content-driven sales & marketing strategies. We work with a small number of clients so that we can give each client the attention needed for results like these.
Content Strategy & Copywriting
Google Ads & SEO Strategy
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
We provide a range of inbound marketing services for businesses in the education, construction, property, and IT industries, including:
- SEO - Search engine optimisation to rank better on Google
- Marketing strategy, training, coaching & consulting
- Content marketing, including content strategy and copywriting for blog posts, email marketing, and landing pages
- HubSpot marketing & CRM software set up and management
- Marketing automation
- Conversion rate optimisation
If you'd like to see if we can help you get results like this education provider achieved, click on the button below to book in a strategy call with our team so we can help you create a plan of action...